Our Five Ring Circus: Art Show

Monday, May 10, 2010

Art Show

Tonight was Dylan's Preschool Art Show! It was absolutely precious. I am so proud of my boy!

The Art Show is an event to celebrate the end of the school year. The entire basement of his school was transformed into an art gallery. The teachers collected about 10 pieces of artwork from each child throughout the year, and displayed them, along with group projects, in the gallery. Each child got an award for their best piece of artwork.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The picture on the red construction paper is Dylan's "award-winning" piece.

Photobucket

Dylan was beaming as he led us through the gallery, showing off his artwork! He was so proud of himself!

After perusing the gallery for a bit, the kids put on a show for us. They sang several songs and did a creative movement piece about a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. It was so cute! Dylan was overflowing with excitement as he took his spot to perform!

Photobucket

After the performance, they had a reception in the hall. We all enjoyed cake and punch and presented the teachers with their end-of-the-year gift from our class.

Grant got to witness the "relationship" between Dylan and his girlfriend, Josie. They are absolutely smitten with each other, and have been gently reminded quite frequently that they hug and kiss too much. Josie informed her mom that she just can't keep her hands off him! As we were walking to the reception, Josie put her hands on her cheeks, and said in a very high-pitched voice, "Hiiiiiii, Dylan!" and then blew him a kiss. He just adores her!

After phone numbers were exchanged for summer playdates, and photos were taken, the Art Show came to an end. It was a great event!

Dylan started his last full week of school today. This year went by so quickly! Dylan had an amazing year, and was blessed with wonderful teachers! I hate to see it end, and I'm feeling very sentimental about it. Dylan is really going to miss his classmates and teachers. As am I. I couldn't have asked for a better first year of school for him!

Dylan insisted on getting pictures with his teachers before we left!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Tonight, I realized that my baby is no longer a baby. He is growing into an amazingly sweet, smart, polite, loving, and well-mannered little boy! But he's still mine, and he has my heart forever!

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was such a special evening for Dylan, Grant, and I. It was just the three of us, and we were able to focus all of our attention on Dylan. We were able to show Dylan how proud we were of him, and show him just how much we love him. It was a night I'll remember.

15 comments:

  1. That looks like total fun! What a way to inspire and reward creativity! Sounds like he has great teachers :)

    (And who said I *didn't* totally laugh out loud in church? To the point that Granny turned around and laughed with me? hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great award winning piece of artwork. He looks so proud of himself. That's really cool that they do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that art show! I love it! And his award winning painting is adorable...is is a self portrait?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool thing the school does! Looks like a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an amazing art show! That preschool seems like such a good match for you guys. Dylan's artwork was beautiful, and he looks so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds cute. We had some crushes when our older ones were in prek too...it faded by K though...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cool idea! I love it! Salem had his shindig last night too, they re-wrote a bunch of songs to a sports theme and sang them, it was really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Besides the fact that Dylan is so so proud, as are you, justifiably, that looks like a great preschool program. What a wonderful way to display the talents/accomplishments of the children.

    Congratulations on your growing-up little boy; I know, still your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow congrats to Dylan! He's talented :) I could even feel her excitement and happiness!

    thanks for the help sis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is adorable. And I love how proud he looks of himself. All kids should be able to celebrate themselves that way. Look like great teachers and a great end of year event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat way to end the year. Dylan looks so proud! Jaxon is going to school next year and it's going to be sooooo hard... on me! I almost cried when I was at registration! They grow up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I can't keep my hands off him. OMG...I would die! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the last picture of Dylan and you! I know your so proud of him!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome idea...an Art Show!! Love it. What a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great and creative way to showcase their art and show how important it is. Dylan looks so happy! Oh, and great award winning pic! Now...will his gf be okay this summer without him?!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!