Our Five Ring Circus: A Visit With Santa

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Visit With Santa

We visited Santa tonight!

Photobucket

The town I grew up in has a little house that Santa sits in to greet the kids. I used to go as a child, and we've taken our kids every year since Dylan was born!

When we got into line, Santa was just heading into his house. He began walking toward Dylan, who immediately began waving, and saying, "Hi, Santa! Hi, Santa!" Santa greeted him before heading into the house, which made Dylan's day!

We only waited for about 10 minutes, but it felt like an eternity. The line to get in is outdoors, and the temperature was hovering around 20 degrees. It. Was. Cold.

Photobucket

The kids were thrilled when we finally made it up to the porch!

Photobucket

The wait was worth it! They were super excited to see Santa, and listened intently to everything he had to say.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Dylan asked for Legos and MegaBlocks, and Lexie asked for a dollhouse. After promising to behave, and go to bed early on Christmas Eve, their visit with Santa ended.

They thanked Santa, wished him a Merry Christmas, and exited his house with candy and coloring books.

Photobucket

Dylan and Lexie are eagerly awaiting his arrival on Christmas Eve!

19 comments:

  1. Brrrrr! I am cold just looking at those kiddos waiting in the cold! Glad you didn't have to wait too long. We took our kids today and Daisy held her hands over her eyes the entire time! It was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowflakes, and your kids are PRECIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower. Your blog is so cute! Love, love, love the snowflakes! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. the kids look adorable, but has Santa been taking too much Benadryl for his allergies???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awhhh that is soooo adorable!! Brrr!!! Glad the wait wasn't too long, I was at the mall yesterday (indoors) and man that line wrapped and wrapped around. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute pictures! Look at that snow!!!
    yikes (too cold for me) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a Santa house too. I'm both embarrassed and proud to say that my boys have never seen a mall Santa. We always go to the little house where we can take our own pictures, and their pictures are only $5.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute idea! I love it!The fact that he has a little house makes it even more cool. Except for waiting in the cold. That part is always bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I don't know that we will even make it to see Santa this year, but I'm hoping we will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now why do your pics seem so much brighter? That house is so dark my pics looked black...lol.

    awesome pics of the kids as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) Lexie looked like she enjoyed Santa! Cute pics

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! I bet they're so excited for Christmas now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is that little house!? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. VERY cool :) looks like fun and LOVE the snow...sooooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that Santa house - so much cozier than a mall Santa :) Your kids look adorable on his lap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Santa house! What a fantastic idea. My kids would go wild. As it is now they think that Outdoor World is Santa's Workshop since that seems to be the only time we ever go there. I hate going to mall for photos with Santa. This is a much better idea (except for the freezing cold). How excited the kids look to see Santa!

    I wonder what do they do with the house the rest of the year?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!