Our Five Ring Circus: Kindergarten Graduate

Monday, June 13, 2011

Kindergarten Graduate

Dylan's last day of Kindergarten was today!

Photobucket

This year went by so quickly! He had a wonderful year. He was blessed with two wonderful teachers, Mrs. Steiner and Miss. Mech. He made new friends. He loved going to school, and taking books out of the school library everyday. He learned so much!

It's hard to believe how much he's grown in the span of 9 months. On the first day, he was a slightly nervous, but excited, 5 year old.

Photobucket

On the last day, he was a taller, confident, and more mature 6 year old.

Photobucket

His cousins and pajama-clad sister waved to him as he climbed aboard the kindergarten bus for the last time.

Photobucket

He headed off to school, super excited about his last day!

Photobucket

And when he came home? I had a Kindergarten graduate!

Photobucket

My little man brought home an awesome report card, and is officially heading to first grade! I am so proud of my baby! I have to admit, when he climbed off the bus, I teared up. He is growing up so fast!

Dylan is going to miss his teacher and classmates, but he is ready for summer vacation!

We celebrated his last day of Kindergarten and his great report card with a trip to Dairy Queen!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I am looking forward to Dylan staying home with us for the summer, before going to first grade. I'm going to miss him when he's in school all day, so I'm going to enjoy the lazy (ha!) days of summer with my baby boy!

18 comments:

  1. Ok, so I admit, I teared up reading this! :)

    He totally does look more confident in the last day pictures!

    Congrats, Mama!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of you! :) For sure he'll do great as well on first grade! Good job Dylan!

    hope you are having a great week sissy!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Dylan!

    Jack's last day of school was yesterday. I forgot to check about the report card. I don't know when we're supposed to get it. Hmm. I checked his bag and it wasn't in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Dylan! As a kindergarten teacher i would tear up when they left my classroom for the last time. It is unbelievable how much they grow and learn. I hope you enjoy the summer days and that little nugget is still staying put...although I am dying to know if sweet thing is a girl or a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Dylan! What a special day for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... I can't believe that will be my little Emma someday! They grow too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PRESH!

    And we love DQ too! In fact, when I was pregnant, I may or may not have had Drew go and pick me up a cappacino heath blizzard with chocolate ice cream... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to our little buddy Dylan! I should say big buddy now with him entering the land of all day school. (pst the amount of homework is going to blow your mind!) Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! So glad he had a wonderful year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, congratulations Dylan!!! Time moves too quickly - I hope it slows down for you guys this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh can someone hit the pause button!? Our kids are all growing too fast. Congrats to your little graduate. They really do change so much each year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post. Congrats Dylan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Dylan! We still have a few more weeks of school here. Laura can't wait for summer to start though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I know you must be proud! Oh and I love DQ!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to your big graduate! He looks so proud of himself holding that certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that ice cream looks so good :) cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!