Our Five Ring Circus: Summer Break

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Break

Dylan still has 7 days of school left, but I think we're all in the summer mindset. The hot weather is definitely making it feel like summer. It's been in the high 80's and 90's! We are loving these "summer" days!

On Tuesday, it was in the high 90's and so humid that you could barely breathe! There was nothing else to do but swim (while Dylan was in school...he was bummed). It was our first time swimming since last summer, and Lexie is still a little fish. In no time, she was swimming all over the pool in her floaties.

Photobucket

That night, Dylan had a baseball game. It was so hot, but the boys played really well! Poor Lexie didn't want to do anything but lay on the ground. I don't blame her! It felt like we were in an oven!

Photobucket

Wednesday was another hot day! I was babysitting, so we spent the morning and afternoon inside, enjoying the air conditioning!

Photobucket

Soon after Dylan came home, we went outside, and spent the next few hours in our backyard. It was gorgeous out!

Nothing says summer like a water table...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

a hot, panting dog...

Photobucket

cute dresses, balloon flipflops, a hideout under a pine tree...

Photobucket

reading in the shade of a tree...

Photobucket

lazy walks through the sunlit woods...

Photobucket

and picnics and popsicles outdoors!

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was a perfect evening!

Dylan hasn't done much in school this week. Yesterday, his teacher gave them popsicles, and today was his Olympic Fun Day. They spent the entire day outside playing games, eating snacks, and getting tattoos. Dylan came home, proudly wearing his new school shirt, and was so excited to tell me all about his great day!

Photobucket

Tonight we headed back to the baseball field for another game. It was a lot cooler than Tuesday's game! It was in the 70's and I ended up in a hoodie, because I was so chilly. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a complete wimp. Even this baby baking inside of me doesn't warm me up!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It's heating back up tomorrow, and we have another busy, fun-filled weekend planned!

13 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you, we are 100% over the whole school thing at this point in the game...and he goes until the 16th here. After the long weekend, and the hot weather...forget it. And I have to admit, I am ready for it as well. I don't know who is more excited about no homework....me, or the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Wish you guys lived close by, we would get along just fine. Today it reached 100 degrees and it was HOT! I have a feeling this is going to be a long summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures of them playing in the backyard together. That flower bush was beautiful in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been hot around here huh! I'm not complaining though, bring it Sunshine! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like they play so good together :) We've been in the pool alot the last few weeks also, it's been 100 or higher here so that's the only thing to do to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pool looks so refreshing! The kids have been doing all kinds of summery fun things. He looks really cute in his baseball uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been too hot to do anything but swim down here too! Sounds like you are going to have a hot & fun summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It gets hot here but I am so glad that we don't have the humidity that you do I think that I would just die!! Dylan looks so cute in his catchers outfit and Lexie always looks cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great pictures! It hasn't been too hot here yet, but I know it's only a matter of time before it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun summer day! I love the picture of Lexie and the dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww same here, we have been having that kind of weather almost everyday. Good luck with our electricity bill LOL! Great photos as always sissy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!