Our Five Ring Circus: Never Forget

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

Ten years ago today, I was a young adult captivated by the absolute horror of this day. I remember sitting next to Grant on the couch, clutching his hand, and watching as the second plane hit. The tragedy had a huge impact on all Americans, and the rest of the world.

Ten years later, the emotions I have while remembering that day are just as strong as they were when it happened. Only this time, I realize just how much was lost.

As a married mom of 3 children, I can't even imagine what the victims and their families went through on that day. It was just a regular day to them, and it ended in tragedy. Life can change in the blink of an eye.

Today, I remembered. Today, I held my children tight. The tragedy may have happened a decade ago, but we'll never forget...