Our Five Ring Circus: The Gift of Life

Friday, December 2, 2011

The Gift of Life

Last year, on this day, I woke up with a smile on my face.

Typically, on that day, I wake up missing my Grandma so much. December 2nd was her birthday.

But last year was different. I woke up with a strange feeling, and just knew I had to do something.

I tiptoed to the bathroom, through the cold, dark house, careful not to wake Grant and the kids. Those two minutes felt like an eternity, but when that plus sign showed up, I felt my heart soar.

Photobucket

I kept that test, and the positive result is still there, one year later.

It amazes me how much my life has changed in a year. For the better. Our third baby truly was a gift from God. She was our miracle. She made us stronger than ever. She completed us.

Photobucket

This morning I woke up feeling so thankful, so blessed, so incredibly lucky.

Photobucket

Instead of feeling an emptiness in my heart on this day, my heart now feels full.

Photobucket

My Grandma would have thought that the news of a new grandchild was the best birthday gift ever.

Photobucket

Looking at Liliana today, I am struck by how much she reminds me of my Grandma. The same blue eyes and constant, sweet smile. But even more so, her spirit. She has the same sweet, easy-going, friendly personality.

Photobucket


It's amazing how a person can live on, even when they are no longer with you.

Photobucket


My Grandma's birthday was a special day, and finding out we were expecting the baby we wanted so much on that day, has made it even more special. Her birthday became the birth of our new life.

Photobucket


One year has flown by, and that little baby is now one day shy of turning 4 months old. She is our blessing.

15 comments:

  1. Precious, so precious. I know our family isn't complete and although it's so hard to wait, I know that God has perfect timing. I see it especially here. Thanks so much for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love - love - love this! So sweet and special just like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, such a sweet post, what a beautiful way to remember the life of your grandma. You are right, people continue to live on through the new life of others. Lily is such a beautiful blessing.


    PS. I saved my prego test, and over a year later...still positive, I just cannot through it away, gross, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sure is a sweet blessing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I've been mia but read all your post! She is getting cuter everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! Sweet Lily is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet. I didn't realize you found out you were pregnant on your grandmother's birthday. What a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this post :) How precious that moment must have been! She is TOO adorable...and seriously that outfit? SO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, this post totally made me cry, several times! Aww! It's like Grandma sent Lily so you would no longer be sad on her bday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful thing to make that day better! What a gift!

    And you can see her little friendly self in those pictures - how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are indeed blessed! :) I want to hug her :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your grammy would have been so proud!

    I have my pregnancy tests as well! It funny how I just don't want to through those pee sticks away. Wonderful memories.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love her smiles! So glad you have her in your life =)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!