Our Five Ring Circus: Kickoff to Birthday Week

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Kickoff to Birthday Week

It is so hard to believe that Lexie is going to be turning 5 in just a few days! Wasn't she just born?!?

We kicked off her birthday week by having a party with our family! Lexie chose a Monster High theme, and was thrilled with her decorations. I plan on leaving them up all week, because we're having a party with friends next Saturday!

The party went really well, and Lexie had a great time!

Photobucket

Lexie loved all her presents! She got a pink Nintendo DSi and a DS game, a Monster High car, a raincoat, a Monster High Sketchbook set, a stuffed monster, a Zooble set, a Lalaloopsy mermaid, books, a Polly Pocket house, a blue Xia Xia, a savings bond, pajamas, a wooden cookie baking set, and earrings.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After opening presents, we sang to Lexie. She thought it was hilarious!

Photobucket

The rest of the party was spent playing with cousins. Lexie was so excited to play with her cousin, Aubrey. She's always surrounded by boys, so it was a welcome change. Those two are adorable together!

Photobucket
Photobucket

The other party guests were cute, too!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

There was a very funny incident involving a drink, a balloon, my sister, and Lily. The results?

Photobucket

I only wish I had taken a picture of my sister. She looked much worse!

The guests began to filter out. Dylan went home with my sister for a sleepover with his cousins, and Aubrey decided that she wanted to spend the night with Lexie.

The party girl fell asleep while her friend, Tyler, and Aubrey played next to her!

Photobucket

The fun may have ended early for her, but she was so happy when she woke up to find Aubrey next to her!

Photobucket

Party #1 was a success, and there's more birthday fun to come!

17 comments:

  1. The sweet little girl morning hair! Have a great week, Lexie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! 5 years old?! Time flies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I can't believe it's been another year already. Such a change in her during the singing of happy birthday. I remember two years ago where she cried and hid. Last year she did better, and this year she laughed? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looks like such a fun day! 5 is such a big and shocking number isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize they made LaLaLoopsies so large! We only have the tiny doll size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. look how sweet...and happy birthday to a beautiful girl!! I think I need a girl just to play with the lalaloopsie...SO FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy bday, Lexie! Her party looked like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what a party she had! She made out like a bandit with her gifts too!

    Oops to the mess on Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 5th Birthday Lexie Loo! I LOVE her dress, ponytails, and bows! I wish you'd taken a pic of your sister too - haha! Oh well, she's probably glad you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it was a great party!! Happy Birthday Lexie! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun! So funny that she laughed when y'all sang to her. She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Happy Birthday week to your daughter! We have a little something in common! I heart February!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lexie looks so cute!!! Sounds like it was a fun party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Lexie! I'm glad it was as wonderful as you! See you Sat <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I miss your birthday sweet girl! Happy 5th! Stay as sweet as you are! Time flies huh! That strikes me, my little tot will be 5th in 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww - happiest birthday Lexie!

    I second Kmama - I remember Lexie not enjoying the singing last year - glad she liked it this year!

    Oopsie with that balloon and spill! Lily takes it all in a stride!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!