Our Five Ring Circus: She's FIVE!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

She's FIVE!

My sweet Lexie Bean,

On this day, at 4:16 PM, you entered the world. On that day, our lives changed forever! Life with you in it is amazing! It's so hard to believe that 5 years have gone by since you were born! It seems like you were just in my belly, and we were all going crazy wondering if you were a girl or a boy!

Photobucket

When the doctor shouted out, "IT'S A GIRL!!!" we all burst into tears. Me. Daddy. Nina. MawNaw, in the hallway, with her ear against the door. Papa and Dylan were so eager to meet you! The happiness I felt at that moment, can't be compared to anything else. You were my dream that became my reality!

Photobucket

I wanted a baby girl so badly, and I was so blessed to have one!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Every day of your first year was amazing! You fit in perfectly with our family, and you were adored by all! After such a difficult pregnancy, I was blessed with a sweet, easy baby! The first year went by so quickly. The day you turned 1 was very bittersweet.

Photobucket

The second, third, and fourth years flew by just as fast as the first. This past year was no exception. I swear, time flies when you are a mother. Someday, when you are a mother, you will understand just how quickly time passes.

Photobucket

Life with you is always exciting! You are the perfect combination of sweet and sassy. Those sassy moments are difficult to handle, but I also feel pride at just how tough and opinionated you are. You are my sweetheart, a mommy's girl, and I am perfectly content with that.

Photobucket

You are sweet. You are sassy. You are smart. You are funny. You are tough. You are opinionated. You are beautiful. You are an amazing little sister and an amazing big sister. You are a wonderful friend. You are adorable. I want you to know that even when I'm angry, I love you for who you are. To me, you are perfect.

Photobucket

This year brought so much change to your life. I have watched you grow by leaps and bounds. You became a big sister, and you started your first year of school. You have adjusted well, and you are thriving!

On this day, you turn 5. On this day, you become a big kid. But no matter how big you get, you will always, always, ALWAYS be my baby girl! The baby girl that I wanted so very much. The baby girl that I thank God for every single day.

Lexie Bean, I love you with all of my heart and soul. You are SO special. You are going to go far in life, and I look forward to watching you grow. You will always have your own special place in my heart, and I pray that we always remain close.

I love you, baby girl. I am so proud of you, and you make me so happy! Happy Fifth Birthday! I love you forever.

Love, Mommy
February 22, 2012
4:16 PM

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Lexie!!!

    Peanut turns 5 in a couple months. She's been talking about turning 5 since the day she turned 4. And I'm pretty sure she's already planning her 13th birthday too. I wish she wouldn't be in such a hurry to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet letter! Happy birthday Lexie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how even in her baby baby pics you can totally see HER in them!

    Happy Birthday to Lexie!!
    and happy anniversary on being her mama, Stef! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Lexie! We love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she was bald for so long seeing as how her hair is so beautifully long now! She was one quite bald baby ;)!! Precious letter, Stefanie - Lexie (and Dylan and Lily) are blessed to have you as their mom <3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great pics! Happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. I also love all the pictures of her,she looks just the same just a mini version of her newly 5 year old self. Happy 5th birthday Lexie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so sweet. Happy birthday to Lexie. She's such a beautiful little girl. I loved seeing all the pics of her when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing the progression from baby to girl. She is adorable! Happy birthday Lexie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awhhh tears! Happy Birthday Lexie! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photo review, since I never got to see her as a baby! What a beautiful little girl you have! Happy Birthday Lexie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet post! There is something extra special about that second born. They are such easy and happy kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!