Our Five Ring Circus: Children's Museum Field Trip

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Children's Museum Field Trip

It's hard to believe, but Lexie only has 1 month of preschool left!  Today, she had her last field trip of the year!

We boarded the bus, and headed to Pittsburgh to go to the Children's Museum.  We've been there several times before, but it's a favorite destination for my kids!  Plus,  Lexie was so excited to ride a school bus!

Photobucket

Once there, we got to go off on our own to explore the museum before meeting up at lunch time.  I had my work cut out for me.  I'm the class historian, which means I have to photograph every party and event.  I had to take several pictures of each classmate during the field trip, which meant I had to find all 17 kids  in the 3 story museum!  I somehow managed to do just that, and have fun with my baby girl!

My best friend and I headed off in the opposite direction of the crowd, which worked to our advantage! We started off in the art studio.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Next, we let them burn off some energy in the maze!

 Photobucket
 Photobucket

We moved on to the attic room, and repeatedly went through the "crooked"  room.  I'm not even kidding when I say that I'm still dizzy while writing this!

 Photobucket

Lexie paused for a moment, and took a seat next to Mr. Roger's shoes.

Photobucket

Lexie loved seeing us on the alphabet screen!

Photobucket

They had a lot of fun in the garage area!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Just before lunch, they took a virtual drive in the smart car.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Watch out, world!  Crazy girl on the loose!

Photobucket

Lexie and her bff checked out the bird in the lobby before we headed to the lunch room.

Photobucket

After a quick lunch, we headed to the 3rd floor for some water play!  Lexie wore her suit underneath her clothes.  It didn't matter if she got wet!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Before leaving, we checked out some of the exhibits we missed.

Photobucket
Photobucket

We went to our favorite exhibits one more time, stopped by the gift shop, and picked up their artwork.  Lexie's last field trip quickly came to an end.

Photobucket

It was a fun day at the museum!!!

Photobucket

I loved spending time with my sweet girl, and sharing in her special day!!!

14 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun museum. We have a children's museum here that has a cool climbing structure kind of like that one...my boys LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those days are the best! Such a beautiful picture of you and your daughter. I grew up watching Mr. Rogers, I have such fond memories of the wonderful man he was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I wish our Children's Museum was that cool. I went on a field trip with Buddy to the one near us (Not the Detroit zoo) and it was sooo boring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! Can't wait until Cole is old enough to do those things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I wish we had a children's museum closer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That place looks amazing, and you are SO smart to head to where the crowd wasn't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww so cute - love that smile! Kids' paintings are the best and that maze looks awesome! :) Looks like a fun day. :)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like the best museum! I wish we had one near us! What a fun field trip! I LOVE her hair- I love how you do the pigtails- what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a neat place! lots to do and such a great field trip! I know, we're taking graduation pictures at Jake's preschool this coming week, to get the little ones ready to move on to kinder...ah, I'll TRY to keep it together :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like such a fun day!! I cant wait to take Breanna

    and as always great pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a fun place! Sounds like L had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lexie looks all grown up...and gorgeous!! Stunner!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!