Our Five Ring Circus: Happy Easter and 365 Project Week Fourteen

Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter and 365 Project Week Fourteen

Happy Easter!!!  I hope you all had a happy, blessed Easter!

Photobucket

We certainly did!  Easter recap to follow!

We had such a busy, fun week!

{April 1st}

Happy April Fool's Day!  Played some fun pranks on the kids:  jello juice, white chocolate fried eggs, and green toilet bowl water!  Lily slept most of the day, so I managed to finish a book in addition to the regular household chores.  It was a nice, lazy, relaxing day at home.

Photobucket
Photobucket

{April 2nd} 

Happy Birthday to me!  After dropping Lexie off at school, we had a morning workout at the park.  After picking Lexie up, we had a playdate at the library with my best friend and her boys.  My parents, mother-in-law, and brother-in-law stopped by for a visit.  Grant, the kids, and I went to the Olive Garden for dinner.  Before the kids went to bed, they sang happy birthday to me, and we had cake.  It was a wonderful birthday!
Photobucket

{April 3rd}

We stayed home all day, because I had to babysit.  That evening, Dylan had his first baseball practice of the season.  The girls and I played at the park while Dylan practiced.  On the way home, we picked up stuff to make root beer floats!  They were delicious!
Photobucket
Photobucket

{April 4th}

Lexie had her Easter party at school, so I had to photograph it.  It was such a cute, fun party!  After dinner, Grant and I had a date night!  We went to see Titanic in 3D. It was nice to see the movie again after so many years, and so nice to have a night out with Grant!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

{April 5th}

The first day of Spring Break!  It was so nice to sleep in a bit!  I attended Dylan's 5 minute parent-teacher conference in the morning.  I was almost late.  I had it in my mind that I had to leave my house at 11:30, but in reality, the conference started at 11:30.  I managed to get dressed and look presentable in 2 minutes, so I made it just in time!  As usual, the teacher raved about him, and his grades are excellent, so it was quick and painless!  After I was done, I went shopping for Easter stuff.  That evening, we went over to our friends' house for a cookout!  It was such a fun evening! Dylan went home with another friend for a sleepover, and both girls passed out within minutes of leaving, so bedtime was super easy for us!
Photobucket
Photobucket

{April 6th}

The girls and I went to visit my parents for a few hours.  We spent that evening with our group of friends, again.  This time it was for dinner at another friend's house!  It ended up being a really late night!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

{April 7th}

Grant and Dylan headed to an early morning baseball practice, while the girls and I got some stuff done at home.  We had to boil a bunch of eggs, and fill plastic eggs for an egg hunt.  That afternoon, we returned to our friends' house, for an egg hunt and an Easter dinner. Once again, we had a great time!  The kids hunted eggs, we had a delicious dinner, the kids dyed eggs, they had a fire, hunted glow in the dark eggs, and snacked on S'mores.  It was a great day with great friends.  It's funny that we spent three evenings in a row with the same group of friends, but they're like family to us!
Photobucket


8 comments:

  1. You do such an awesome job of documenting life with the kids! Something they surely will cherish one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Easter and April start up! I love the bllack and white picture! It looks like you had a great holiday! Enjoy your day! It is so beautiful out!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful, bright photos, your kids have a charmed life to be so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kids, fun times, I love it! I also love the pic of Lily's face there! Too cute! Now, Happy Belated Birthday lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of the kids!! I love your April Fools joke on them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the April Fools joke!!!!

    sounds like a fabulous Easter weekend!!

    as always your pictures are fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such a good job at keeping up with these..

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!