Our Five Ring Circus: Memorial Day Weekend

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  The past three days were packed with activities!

I left off with the baseball tournament on Saturday.  It was HOT, but it was nice watching Dylan play.  He played so well, despite the heat.  That evening, we actually didn't have plans.  This was the first Saturday night in months that we didn't have plans. It was a nice break!

My great niece, Aubrey, turned 6 on Sunday.   I saw her just minutes after she was born. I can't believe she's 6!  She is such a sweet girl, and I love her so much!

We celebrated her birthday with a fun party! 

Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My family and I sat outside for 8 1/2 hours.  We were supposed to get a big storm, but it passed right over us.  I had so much fun spending time with them!

That night, Dylan went home with one of my sisters to have a sleepover with my nephews.  Lexie attempted her first sleepover at Aubrey's house, but shortly after we got home, we got the call that she wanted to come home, too.  It wasn't a big deal, because they just live a mile away!

Memorial Day was a great start to the summer.  It was so hot!  It hit 95 degrees by the middle of the day.

On our way to a picnic, we picked Dylan up from a local pool.  He had been swimming for 4 hours straight!  Lexie got car sick just as we got to the store to pick something up. She ended up throwing up all over herself, so we skipped the store! I had a brief moment of panic, because some friends of ours just suffered through a horrible stomach virus, but it was just her getting car sick! Phew!

Shortly after arriving at the picnic, Dylan looked drained.  I asked him if he wanted a nap, and he said yes.  I'm not even kidding when I say he fell asleep in just a minute.

Photobucket

He slept while the girls played, and the rest of us ate.  We did eat indoors because it was too hot and humid for Grant's dad to be outside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was nice spending time with Grant's family!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

After dinner and dessert, we headed out to swim with our friends.  The kids stayed in the pool the entire time!  Lily even went for her very first swim, and LOVED it!  Within seconds of getting in, she was giggling and splashing!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

When the sun went down, I climbed out of the pool, because Lily was starting to shiver.  I sat and talked to my friend while everyone else continued to swim.  Finally, darkness fell, and we had to get the kids home!

Photobucket

They were reluctant to leave, but we did promise them we'd be swimming with our friends a lot this summer!

It was a nice Memorial Day weekend.  I am so grateful to all those who have served or are now serving our wonderful country!

21 comments:

  1. Glad she missed the virus. Looks like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always surprises me when Elly requests naps too. =) Love the bathing suits! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you guys managed to skip the storm and swim! I am not ready for the sleepover stage.. I was never big on it when I was a kid. My mom would always have to pick me up in the middle of the night! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it wasn't the dreaded stomach virus.

    Sure looks like you all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a BUSY and fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like such a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great Memorial day! Glad Lexie is feeing better. Hope you're having a great week so far, Stefanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture of Lily sucking her thumb is just too adorable! And I'm jealous of your heat...but not your humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such an awesome weekend! The stomach flu stinks so glad it wasn't that. And can they be any cuter in their outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT pictures as always! I love Lexie and Lily's matching swimsuits! Lexie's red and blue daisy is awesome!! Love it!

    Andrew sleeps like that after a sleepover and swimming too!!

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. How are you old enough to have a great niece? I love all the kiddos decked out in RWB, super cute! Lily looks like a pro in the water already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like an amazing weekend!!! I love the girls' matching suits and you dress your kiddos so adorably.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kids are gettig sdo big! I like Dylan's hair long! My hubby cut Nate's hair and I am sad. i love the shaggy look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We went to an indoor pool this weekend and it was so much fun!! It's gotten so hot over here I'm sure it wont be long before I blow up our little kiddie pool :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute, Cute pictures! Doesn't it freak you out when our kids want to take a nap?! I always think OH NO! "What's wrong!!"
    Have a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can understand that level of exhaustion! Love the patriotic outfits! Lucky you got to swim! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kiddos are adorable! Looks like a fun day. We did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's chat!!!